Friday, June 15, 2012

Delusions of Grandeur

In just a few short weeks, I will be departing SLC for a month long greyhound bus 'tour' around the West. I say 'tour' because I am taking along a guitar and plan to play music all along the way, to include (hopefully) a couple of shows with some friends to back me up with a band. This is something I have wanted to do since my discharge from the active-duty Marine Corps, but it just hasn't been feasible before.

While it would be incalculably cool, for me, to have those friends come through with the back-up bands and more legit gigs...I am prepared for this tour to consist mainly of me playing for change at bus stations and hitting the open-mic nights wherever I go. Still, it is shaping up to be at least a little bit better than that. I've got one house-party show lined up for Lincoln Nebraska on July 6th, to kick off the cross-country jaunt. Also, I know so many people in Tucson where I grew up that if just half of them will turn out for a show, it would be pretty successful.

I am spending my days making calls, sending emails, and searching out venues. It is quite the organizational undertaking, even to just get a hold of everyone that I am trying to visit and coordinate a good time to come through their town. Also, next week we're going to try to get some solid demos put together, so I will have at least a home-made CD to give out along the way.

It's exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment